Sunday, May 10, 2009

Fidelity


Fidelity
(fuh-DELL-uh-tee)
noun

Meaning
1. The quality or state of being faithful
2. accuracy

Example Sentence
Fidelity? Was that Fidel Castro's nickname?


I know that Vincent Gallo is arguably a cocky prick and a Republican and we all know the money shot in Brown Bunny was not real. If it was...well, uh, never mind. However, I will always have a soft spot for him for two reasons.

1. Buffalo 66 was brilliant. Say what you may about the man behind the curtain but anyone who can come up with a line like, "If you make a fool out of me, I swear to God I'll kill you. Boom! Right in front of Mommy and Daddy. And I'll tell you something else...If you make me look bad, I will never ever talk to you again."

2. He named his dog "The Only Girl who Never Lied to Me".

Which is why, for this word we all know and all have opinions about I choose to believe, not in the fidelity of people on occassion, but in the fidelity of animals. Not to each other, per say, with the exception of Swans but the fidelity of the human-animal friendship.

My animals, and there have been A LOT of them are often obtuse and needy. They may be flippant about your affection for them at times and they may consistently decide to sit directly on your paper when you are trying to read but they will never lie to you. And they will, as long as you keep them away from others AT ALL COSTS, be completely faithful.

Which really is something we should consider with our potential human mates. I'm pretty sure my significant others will always be faithful to me if they depended on me for food and water and if I never EVER let them leave the house (or meet any other humans).

Although, I suppose they may still lie to me on occasion. But that's what we have socks and duct tape for.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to go buy a bolt lock, some hand cuffs and a roll of duct tape.

1 comment:

MEBEE said...

"If you make a fool out of me, I swear to God I'll kill you. Boom! Right in front of Mommy and Daddy. And I'll tell you something else...If you make me look bad, I will never ever talk to you again."

genius. yeah, my dvd skips, blast these new technologies!

um, and eugenia, if your animals could talk, they'd rip you a new one.